Many people suffer from dark circles under the eyes. They are embarrassing and make you look older than you are. There are lots of ways adults and children can develop these dark circles under their eyes.
Yes, some people have dark circles under their eyes because of lack of sleep or too much alcohol. But those aren’t the only reasons.
Heredity. Dark circles under the eyes can appear in childhood, and are often an inherited trait. Some children will outgrow them, but others will not.
• Allergies. Nasal congestion can dilate the blood vessels that drain from the area around your eyes, causing them to darken.
• Sleep deprivation is the most common cause, and the easiest to prevent, but …
• Oversleeping can also cause dark eye circles.
• Iron deficiency can prevent the blood from carrying sufficient oxygen to eye tissues.
• Minor trauma that causes the appearance of a black eye